Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WHAT IS THIS"MEETING BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" STUFF?

    The thugs during Prohibition did this! Rumrunner Joe Kennedy did it with Democratic members of Congress on a regular basis.
    He was a known thug in those days. Later on when William O. Douglas ( eventually promoted to Chief Justice of the Supreme Court) was first introduced as Supreme Court Justice to the rest of the Sitting Justices, the first man he was introduced to for dinner "behind closed doors" was a smiling Joe Kennedy.
    When we vote in a representative to Congress do we want him or her meeting on matters crucial to us behind closed doors? I know I don't!
    When we send a member of Congress to North Korea to cut a deal with the North Koreans, do we want it behind closed doors? Nope! I don't! Particularly a congressman who is known for lying under oath such as John Kerry of Massachusetts did during the Vietnam War hearings.
    What gets me is the fact that with all the bare-faced lying that he did about his own excursions during that war, the populace there re-elected him to the Senate anyway. I guess the saying " Birds of a feather stick together" means something after all.
    When the House led by Nancy Pelosi locked out the Republican members of Congress for the very crucial vote on the 2700 page ObamaCare Bill, they passed it behind "closed doors" without the press or the public being allowed to read it. Did you trust what they did? I didn't.
    Can anyone reading this blog explain to me what's in that bill that's not contradictory to another part of the bill?
    "Behind closed doors" makes me terribly nervous anymore because I feel the only reason they do it is to avoid the Press and us knowing what's being discussed.
    "Compromise" is another word that's starting to scare me. All the bills that Congress passed while the Republican representatives were locked out from behind "closed doors" were totally without compromise. It was probably the most underhanded act I've ever seen in my lifetime regarding Congress.
    Now that the Republican Congress is in control of the House, the Hipocrates are accusing them of not compromising. Can you feature that? Sadly enough, I can.
    My request to the Republicans is to pass a rule in the House and Senate against meeting behind
"closed doors" without both sides of the political Press being present.
    Nobody said it was going to be easy when they chose to run for office.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment