Wednesday, September 28, 2011

SHOULD ONE BE SILENT IN HIS OPPOSITION TO HOMOSEXUALITY?

                                             email me      macgeo1234@hotmail.com

 Today an acquaintance expressed anger at me in a discussion concerning homosexuality. His anger seemed more to me to be aimed at the fact that the subject was brought up at all, rather than whether it was right or wrong.
   It's almost as though the moral aspect should be discounted from the conversation, and 90% of the population should stay mute due to the chance that a homosexual might be offended by someone voicing their opposition to it. He appeared to be upset because he had a relative who was gay and therefore should be defended by requesting that I drop the subject. I didn't and he left as a result.
   I feel bad about his leaving the group discussion, but so be it.
   My religious upbringing taught me to not only abide by the rules of decency and morality but to be brave enough to express them. I'm not a perfect human being by any stretch of the imagination but my conscience prompts me to keep trying. That's what I feel I did today. His discomfort that I stated my opinion on the matter is not my problem to solve, but his. Doing it in his own way is his preference and it's not up to the rest of the world to remain silent because of it.
   In my case, when my oldest son was a teenager, he had a teacher that approached him in a predatorial way. He was inviting students to his apartment after school, and after plying them with food goodies including beer, having homosexual discussions and eventually sex with some of them. It wasn't until several years later that he was exposed by those students and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
   I don't even want to try to guess the number of young boys he offended. It brought me to one logical conclusion, though. I believe now that it takes a perverted sex predator to cause a person to be gay.
   I think it's total hogwash that some people are naturally that way. They're forced to enjoy it at first for the purpose of dominance, and eventually convert to it. It happens in prisons all the time.
   Anyway, I feel it's time for the silent majority to speak out against such a practice for the well being of their children. It's perverted, unnatural and filthy to say the least. I don't believe silence is the proper
solution since it doesn't solve or correct the problem. Speak up, people!     Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment