Monday, October 3, 2011

WHERE SHOULD THE SYMPATHY LIE, KNOX OR KERCHER?

                                                email                macgeo1234@hotmail.com

   I watched the last days of the Amanda Knox trial. In so doing, I too began to feel sad for her and the way she was behaving. People in the Gallery were weeping with her and for her as she presented the plea for her life. It truly was sad.
   I decided as I watched it that there was no longer any point in hoping that justice would come to the parents of Meredith Kercher. It seemed like everyone had swayed to the side of Amanda's innocence.
   I really don't believe she did the actual carving on this girl, I also believe that she was sorry for any participation in this drug induced, sex orgy that took place that night, and not just for the predicament it placed her in. I believe there was no use in further pursuance of the truth. She's a pitiful wreck of a thing and it would prove nothing to condemn her to further punishment whether she took part in the orgy or stood back and let it happen without her or her boyfriend attempting to stop it because of their drug induced condition. So it's good that they let her go. It's clear that her family is surrounded by a well off, Upper class group of people who could obviously afford to be with her efforts physically and at home, including the reporters on the left who, although they really knew nothing of the facts but just liked her personally. She'll be treated like a victim when she's back here and no doubt recover her family's losses by starring in her own ficticious movie. We all know what Hollywood is capable of doing when it comes to making a buck.
   But I wonder when and if Meredith Kercher's family will receive the sympathy for their loss of an innocent child who only wanted to to do well for herself and mind her own business. To enjoy the pleasure of being an exchange student in romantic Italy was no doubt a dream come true. A mere child who thought she was in friendly, safe company. How terrified and alone she must have felt!
   Will this case be closed or pursued because of this acquittal? I hope it will someday come to a satisfactory end so the Kercher's can soon end the torment of wondering who slaughtered their child in the course of satisfying their own lustful needs.
   I pray for you, Amanda. But I'm wishing and praying even harder for Meredith Kercher and her parents. I hope they can achieve forgiveness for you as well, regardless of whether you had a hand in it or not. The Kerchers are the only true victims here.
   I am a parent of a son who was 30 years old when he was murdered by a motorcycle gang in Canada 24 years ago. That case was never solved either. I know their feeling.   Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment