Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I KNOW WHY ABORTIONS TAKE PLACE, AND I KNOW WHY I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA.


     I understand all of that! Being a lover of babies and little children, I would judge myself to be abnormal to think otherwise and to be without compassion.
     I've had my tongue in cheek about abortion at all, but at the same time there are a lot of personal reasons for having it done as quickly as it's been discovered in early months.
     It only takes a simple test once a woman suspects she is pregnant to find that she is.
     If it's done then and there at the time of discovery, that's one thing, even though I still would lean towards it not being done.
     It's love for the miracle of life, I suppose, but at that point in time, it can be arguable either way.
     But when a fetus becomes recognizable in the mother's tummy and is moving around, that's when I recognize it as the miracle of life. It's not a spiritual thing necessarily, but a natural, beautiful fact of life that we ourselves, have had the opportunity to experience.
     Watching the news tonight where the Supreme Court announced they were sending the case back to the lower court that defended late term abortions, did make me feel a bit queasy.  Particularly at seeing the joy in the faces of the women in the gallery and the laughing and applauding of the decision.
     I had to ask myself, why they were laughing? Was there anything in the process of a late term abortion that's happy and amusing? Is there something really that amusing to make a mother laugh and giggle at the thought of cutting a live baby up while it's crying to live?
     Well, I know this much, there are many people who, at the last moments of their lives, who will wish they had done things differently, and suddenly want to renew their belief in God, and hoping to be forgiven for things they have done.
     Performing abortions will no doubt, be one of those things.
     And although it's a popular belief that God is all merciful and all forgiving, I wouldn't want to be in their place at the time he reflects back on all those laughing faces when he makes up his mind.  Just sayin'.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment