Saturday, November 16, 2013

At THIS TIME, A FEELING OF LOVE AND PEACE........A POEM.


          
        
         A pause in a day, for a moment of thought
         She died at thirteen, and big she was not
        
         Some time away now, a pet laid to rest
         Three and a half pounds, or four at best
        
         She loved both of us, as her Mom and Dad
         I see her often, in her bed she had
        
         Whenever we'd travel, she surely was there
         I still have her photo with her curly hair
        
         When just a puppy, and weighed 1/2 a pound
         she leaped on the couch, with nary a sound.
        
         And cuddle beside me, so tiny she was
         she'd catch a fly when by her they'd buzz

         Mitzi we miss you, you sweet little cuss
         and know that some day, you'll be back with us.

         Til then though honey, in our thoughts you'll be
         a sweet, cherished puppy, in our memory

         Although I'm a fella, I wish you were home,
         I teared up a little, when I wrote this poem.


         George McNaughton2
        

        

No comments:

Post a Comment