Monday, May 26, 2014

ALONG WITH THE FALLEN SOLDIERS, I THINK THE LOSS OF ANY CHILDREN BEFORE THEIR TIME ARE REMEMBERED TOO!!


     As a member of the McNaughton Clan and family who have lost loved ones, particularly sons and daughters before their time, in war and in peace, my heart goes out to any parents who have had to go through that kind of Hell. We live through the memory of having to go on without them.
     So coming from a Military family of Scottish Clan decent, I would like to express my sympathy to all. Sympathy for the survivors who I'm sure, without exception, reflect back with the wish things had been different and fallen ones could still be here.
     Secondly, I have been very fortunate in my own life, because of being born at such a time that I was too young for the Korean War and old enough not to qualify for the Vietnam draft.
     But because I am the youngest of eight brothers, all of us born in Depression times, some in the U.S. and some in Canada, My father and four of the older brothers were involved in all the Wars from the start of World War #1 right through the 2nd world War, the Korean War and several Nephews in the Vietnam extended conflict. All of whom were there, when and where their Countries needed them.
     I have also had the heartbreaking misfortune of losing my two oldest sons, one who had his life taken due to the folly of others and one with a brain tumor.
     The losses cannot be expressed, unless it has happened to others readers. It simply cannot!
     We can all, in my mother's eyes, thank God for our prayers in bringing the warriors back safely though.
     The rest of our family who didn't go, had our own domestic wars to fight, with our mother having to raise the rest of us on a welfare check that often saw us eating meager meals and at the same time, our mother, who didn't smoke or drink, actually sit by the window without food for herself, so the rest of us could have at least, some. Seeing her cry was a heartbreak of it's own.
     Especially today though, on this Memorial Day, We as the survivors, should all owe it to the fallen soldiers who went to war in defense of this North American Continent and didn't make it when they would have liked to. This is their Day!!
     Because my upbringing was that from a mother who convinced me to believe in God no matter what, I hope and pray to God he will bless them all who served, Canadian or American, surviving Warriors or Fallen ones.  The believers in God love you all!!  Just sayin'.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment