Sunday, June 1, 2014

I GUESS I CAN LABEL IT "SPITFIRE" TALKING!! : YOU BE THE JUDGE!!


      Maybe it's just me! I don't know for sure, but I've noticed it a lot, lately.: People talking on interviews too fast for me, the average  Joe.
      My point being, they're all talking so rapidly, they aren't allowing enough time for their reason to be there, to sink in.
      Now, I'm sure they have to abide by time limits, but I believe the Directors are wanting so much information to be conveyed, there's not adequate time allowed for the listener to comprehend what's being conveyed before moving on to the next person.
     I swear, in watching "Sunday morning futures W/Maria" All three of them were talking so "spitfire rapidly", I only got about 10% of the gist of what the subjects were wanting us to here and understand.
     In a seminar as part of my work with Kaiser Resources, I took a short course in letter-writing and Public Speaking where we were instructed to  only send the message as fast as the people being taught, could receive it. Or, only write a message in simple language understandable enough to learn it.
     In a practice session between two sets of groups, We tried both ways. ; In the group that conveyed their messages plain, and simple, Everyone passed the written tests afterward by 85% retention. In the other group there was only 10% retention.
     If we were to apply,categorize and compare these tests to the General Public, I'm sure the results would be strikingly similar.
     You see, if you talk in a manner that suits the listener, rather than the speaker, or write it in a similar fashion, the listener or reader will soon become apparent the speaker knows what he's talking about.
     On the other hand, it's not doing the listener any good if there are too-frequent interruptions while you wait for the Camera people to wipe the spit off the lens of the camera. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment