Sunday, March 8, 2015

A VERY PLEASANT FRIDAY MORNING THE 6TH OF FEB. A VISIT I WILL CHERISH A LONG, LONG TIME!


     On the previous Wed. morning, I received a message from my stepson Philip Siemens to give him a call. So call him I did, because although we would meet by chance once in a while, it wasn't often enough.
     He asked me to meet him at the Division St. Starbucks at 9:00 A.M. Friday. I was anxious for that to happen, as I always am pleased to see him, every time I do.
     Just a short run-down leading up to this event will explain why;
     I had recently been divorced in 1976 after my own children grew up in Canada under my charge and a 2nd marriage. I had been granted custody of them in 1969 and remarried. As they approached their later teens, my children indicated their desires to, each on their choosing, to return to their birth mother 130 miles away.
     With the last of them leaving, my wife at that time who was not their mother, but also with 3 children that we raised as well, decided along with myself, that divorce was the desired, friendly way to part company and go our separate ways.
     Coincidentally, I had just received a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship I had applied for due to having been born in Canada of American Parent.
     With my children no longer dependent on me, and having met a lady with two children at the time of my divorce, we settled in Kenmore Wa. and established a family life there.
     Philip was13, and his sister Kelsey, 9 were enrolled in the Engelbrook school system and we quickly resumed a normal, family oriented life.
     As I get older, it's one of those more memorable times of my life I can recall, as the kids both grew up in the area. Their mother and I worked in several jobs at once to live comfortably and were happy to do it.
     We had some happy family times back then, enjoying life as it should be, and their mother seeing to it they attended their Christian meetings along with her on a regular basis.
     There are lots of pleasant stories arising from those days.
     The kids both met and married the loves of their life, and went on to live and do well to this day.
     Their mother and I, due to an unfortunate mis-understanding in priorities in our lives, eventually divorced in 1974.
     Sadly to all concerned, their mother Jo passed away a few years later due to a heart operation that went awry.
     The years went by, with Philip living not too far from me in Burlington, Wa., and over the years since, we've always let each other know their was a fond, family loving memory of our past years. I'm proud of both he and Kelsey's accomplishments and that pride was apparent on Friday when we got together after too many years flowed under the bridge.
     I met Phil, not knowing that along with him were to follow, his sister Kelsey, her grown daughter and her two beautiful children that I'm proud to say, are included in my family of more than 22 Great-Grandchildren.
     Pictures were taken, hugs were heartwarming and beautiful, and I must admit I teared up a little out of the joy of it all as they left.
     I love you all and hope to see a lot more of  all of you in good times to come. After all, I consider you my family.God bless! Just sayin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment