Friday, January 15, 2016

AL CAPONE 'PROTECTION' METHODS ARE ALIVE AND WELL TODAY IN COMPUTER EQUIPMENT


     It's time to start exposing the 'arm-breaking' methods being used by the outsource Companies in other areas of the world when we are in need of repairs and insurance to personal computers and printers.
     With the rapid advance of  modern technology in the communications field, also comes the ability of the Deviants to take advantage of the pick-pocket methods being used by the outsourcers in other countries other than ours who were charged by our larger communication Co.'s to handle repairs and Insurance. (India) In this case, I refer to them having the added ability to manipulate users' personal computers and Printers by remote control and purposely disable them.
     In my problem, I bought a brand new HP Computer along with an HP printer from local venders such as Walmart and Costco. Along with them of course I also obtained warrantee and insurance coverage.
     Everything worked well except for the fact I screwed up on my own sometimes by signing up the wrong programs by mistake. Otherwise everything worked well. That is, until my insurance ran out on both machines at approximately the same time.
     Viruses began taking place by way of interruptions and ads for various warrantee and insurance renewal advertisements glaringly in front of the pages or programs I was on at the moment. Enough so, that they became more and more persistent and difficult to remove! They always seemed to be from the before-mentioned Companies such as Norton, HP and Microsoft etc.
     Through the advice of others, I finally resorted to shutting off my computer, disconnecting the power cord and removing the battery, letting it sit for a moment or two, and then reconnecting everything. Sometimes that system of removal worked well.
     After a week or two the spam and ads for warrantee and insurance would re-appear and become difficult to remove again. So I would have someone who did repairs correct the problems, referring to viruses they managed to remove, but not knowing the cause.
      One day, two months after my HP printer was out of warrantee,  it flashed a notice that I had installed an improper print-head in my printer. ( I had not done anything with it! )
      I made a call to Walmart regarding the malfunctioning print-head. A very curt response from one of the managers was shocking to me; "Just buy a new printer!" I was told!
     I made a call to HP help (India) and explained my problem. The voice on the other end asked my permission to take control of my system, which I acknowledged in the affirmative. After his very short exploration of my devices, he told me all of the ads by HP and Norton on my computer were viruses by a hacker from somewhere else and for him to correct the problem, I would have to renew my extended warrantee and Insurance for $150.00 per one year
     When I told him I had an Independent repair person I could call, he quickly told me it would do no good because it had to be someone from the Outsourced Co. such as his to fix it, and in order to accomplish that, I would first have to purchase the insurance.
It was then it became clear to me that they were the ones placing the viruses there in the first place!
I hung up the phone!
     Know what I mean, Vern??? Just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment