Wednesday, January 27, 2016

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER PRAYER IN POEM IF I MAY?


                     Lord help me face these chores today
                     With calm and strength and grace.
                     I don't know where the years have gone
                     And hardly left a trace!
                     
                     What used to be a bounce from bed
                     Has now become a chore,
                     what used to be a simple task
                     Now takes a great deal more
                    
                     I blame no other soul for this
                     It comes with age, I know
                     But maybe with a prayer or two,
                     You'll soften aging's blow.

                     I haven't stuck to all your rules
                     But you and I can see
                     the reason that you put me here
                     Is to improve on me.

                     I've come to know that work I must
                     No matter what it takes
                     I only hope the toil I do
                     A difference that it makes

                     To help the ones I'm working for
                     And help them on their way
                     With your help I ask of you
                     To keep me safe today.
         
                     I say this prayer not just for me
                     But everyone who wakes
                     To face another working day
                     And puts forth what it takes

                     It's just a Redneck's way to ask
                     A favor from the Best
                     Please take some time yourself today
                     And have a day of rest!
George McNaughton2

No comments:

Post a Comment