Monday, August 1, 2016

THE LOSS OF MY WIFE MARILYN ------A POEM

          In memory of a loved one--- A poem

For thirty years I loved that Gal, and just as long, enjoyed her!
I can't forget the day we met, so beautiful and tender.
She'd seen me once or twice before, but I payed no attention
'Until one night at Skip's cafe, She offered introduction
She said my name is Marilyn, would you dance with me?
Breathlessly I said I would and, took her hand so carefully.

We danced not once or twice, but four, It lasted all night long
As we danced the whole night through, we even joined in song.
And so the years went by so well, and youth began to fade,
There wasn't any doubt at all, about the choice we made!
Domestic quarrels,yes, we had! But always worked them out.
They never lasted overnight, Soul mates we were, no doubt.

So fast the years went gliding by, and we were free of worry.
but all at once the perfect storm of strife came in a hurry.
It seemed that everything went wrong, my wife came down with flu.
I joined her in that sad affair, with nothing we could do.
And to the hospitals we went, with age a nasty factor
With every effort at their means, the doctors tried to save her.

I lost the soul-mate of my life, with that came empty feelings.
It's two weeks now since she has gone, it seems there is no healing.
I know that she's in heaven now, She's with her Mom and sister.
I'll bet they're talking up a storm, because I'm sure they missed her.
I'll end this story with the thought, that I've been getting better
But right now the painful news, I just can't go and get her!

George McNaughton 2





2 comments:

  1. I love you George! I'm sorry she is gone but we will see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you George! I'm sorry she is gone but we will see her again!

    ReplyDelete