Friday, October 7, 2016

THE WALLS IN MY HOUSE, HOLD MEMORIES OF HER! ........A POEM


I fill with mixed feelings, When sitting at home
Reflecting what happened when I feel alone.
The gains and the losses throughout this year,    lingering so much that, it brings out a tear.

Now, I know it shouldn't! For a Fella' like me.
But I keep on a' thinkin' it's my own destiny 
Walls in my house hold such memories dear,
The bitter-sweet moments, and why I stay here? 

I grab my guitar, and kick out a song,
It's been quite a while, as I  hum along.
Remembering lines,  I don't do so well.
No one can hear me,and think "What the hell!"

I look at the photos all hung on the walls,
It brings things to mind, and I stare down the hall
It starts me to thinkin', "Could I have done better?" 
I'm thinking of food, Wish my cooking was better!

I miss my best partner, my Soul mate and wife.
She left me so quickly, when she lost her life!
I ask God for Mercy, when taking her in.
This chapter is over, a new one begins!

George McNaughton2






No comments:

Post a Comment