Friday, June 23, 2017

DIABETES; WHAT CAN CAUSE IT AND HOW YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING TO POSSIBLY CAUSE IT!


For circa 30 years now, I've been fending off, Diabetes. Yes! over the years, the Medical Professionals have been keeping us alive with all their might by treating us with break-through discoveries on how to control it.
     But because of my experience with it and all the added complications aside from it; Prostate Cancer treated with the latest application of Radiation and done successfully at the tender age of 75! It reduced my insulin intake from 64 units a day to just 22!
      I found that out when I experienced  a sugar-low at home alone one morning, and called the ambulance.
     They arrived promptly and corrected the condition by giving me something sweet but at the same time through a heart monitor that something else was amiss and transported me to Emergency, just a few blocks from my home.
     Through more heart related tests, I was discovered to have 3 100% blockages and one 90% in my aorta leading to my heart. They cleared that up with Stent inserts and, once again, I was good!
     I was soon back home with my beautiful invalid wife, Marilyn and also back to my Handy-man business. which I HAD to maintain to support my retirement Income!
     GOD'S Earth Angels did their jobs once again! (All the while, sustaining my insulin intake at 22 units.)
     At the age of 77, I had an internal bleeding experience brought on by Diverticulosis! (Can be common among people in my age-class due to weak, blister-like spots in the wall of the Colon and when infected, it is termed Diverticulitis!  Severe enough, it can take your life in a matter of a few days!) A very intensive, both-arm intravenous of 28 units of blood in 3 days finally stemmed the bleeding on the 3rd day. The Angels did it a 3rd time, and made me better! Heard enough Yet?? NOPE!!
     Because of the long-term condition of Diabetes, I received neuropathy over the years in my feet. (Numbness). In that episode, I developed a sore from a corn in my left foot which I was unaware of due to the Neuropathy!
     Blood poison appeared in my system to the point that when it worsened, my lower leg swelled up and I went to Emergency to have it looked at, thinking a few pills might be appropriate because at that time, Marilyn was ill at home and needed my constant attention, there!
      I was instantly admitted to the hospital instead with the Emergency Doctor telling me, "You aren't going anywhere!" "You'll be lucky if we can even save your foot"! Blood poison had taken over my complete body. After 2 separate amputations of my 2nd and 3rd toes, I began to heal again!
     Luckily enough, my Hispanic neighbors who surround us in the Mobile Home park, knew of my plight and began attending to Marilyn day and night, visiting me throughout the entire episode as well! (I truly love them all!)
     Throughout that ordeal, with being on a pick-line for a total of 10 weeks to clear up all the 15 different cultures in my system from the infection, I am better again, but Marilyn didn't make it! She died from several different complications and they couldn't save her as much as they desperately tried! After advance notice by 2 doctors of her impending doom, I must say she took it much stronger and better than I did. I gotta' say at that point, I was tempted to follow her but didn't!
     If there's any Good News in this story, I am convinced that all those upper and lower bowel infections were the culprits causing the needed maintenance of Insulin for my Diabetes. Maybe yes, maybe no! What I do know is, Since the clearing up of a lot of those organ infections, I haven't needed Insulin in 13 days for fear of creating another sugar low! (I test daily and there's no sign of it!)
     Another thing; I might be imagining it, but I suspect it is also clearing up the Neuropathy in my feet! Time will tell, but I'm having funny sensations in my feet where there had been none for years.
     I would advise that thinking of the other miscellaneous infections not being suspected without a total exam first, ask your Doctor to clear up things such as bladder, urinary, Sinus and misc. other infections that could be causing your sugar to be high.
     It certainly appears that way with mine! Thank you in particular, Dr. Mark Wallace and staff! I love you guys! 
Just sayin!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment