Saturday, March 24, 2018

LIVING HISTORY @ MOBILE-HOME PARK WITHIN CITY OF MT. VERNON


     With another change of Managers in this particular Mobile-home 'family' designated Park, I'd like to review and share my personal experience on the matter during my 20+ years of being a Resident here!
     In the year 1996, as a Sales Manager of Laurel Oaks Homes in the City of Mt. Vernon, I was approached by the current Manager of the Mobile-home Park, Dolores Irwin, to discuss the possibility of placing prospective Mobile Homes in some vacant spaces in the Park as Lot models with the reduced rent of 50% on the cost of the lot rent until those particular models were sold.
     Along with that, I also personally owned a used mobile home stored on the sales lot that I managed and had moved recently to this location from Marysville.  While agreeing to her proposition, I asked her if I could place that home there as well, but needed a lot that was already capable of parking a third vehicle since I had two cars and a work truck!
     She reviewed the Park's empty spaces and showed me space #89 with a concrete driveway and a gravel driveway already established!
     The verbal agreement was reached on both requests and I moved my own dismantled home onto that lot. The several homes for display were also placed in the Park as per her suggestion.
     At the time of her tenure there and until she resigned  and moved her Husband and family to Florida, not to be heard from, again everything was cordial. It was circa the end of the year 2,000
and her position was replaced with Cindy Dykes by Noel Frelicot, and who at that time was only the owner of the Park Management Co. but purchased the Park and became the Park Owner! 
      My unofficial task continued to be amiable as well as their Handyman and I accomplished much during their tenure there with Chris earning extra income as my helper too!
      Things changed dramatically when Cindy resigned and took up a better paying job locally circa 2006. 
      Around that period of time, Wa. Mutual decided to file Bancrupcy and sold their contracts including mine to GreenTree Corp. In that sale, Wa. Mutual added a Corporate Advance amounting to $3,743.00 that they supposedly said I received in circa 2001.
     I Had ABSOLUTELY No knowledge of that taking place, signed no documents related to it and was flabbergasted when GreenTree Corp. called to inform me to say they were going to raise my fixed rate payment per month from $275.00 to $315.00 per mo. for the remaining term of my continued Contract.
Coincidentally, I received a notification from the I.R.S. stating I needed to pay taxes on that Corporate Advance for having received it!
      Having NEVER received it, I refused to pay it and it was never pursued by them either!
      I then called GreenTree's head office and was told that the payment was made to ViewMont Mobile Estates who had submitted a Bill to Wa. Mutual for my rent for the entire year between 2000 and 2001, whch Wa. Mutual paid, without informing me whatsoever!
      I inquired this to prior manager Cindy Dykes who was still available even though she had changed jobs. She informed me after a search of the records that I had indeed paid the rent myself for that year but there was no record the Park had received it, either!
     To this day, I have not received my title even though I completed my obligation as stated in the original Contract and they passed it over to their Collection Division for further collection of the $3,743.00 plus Interest as it stands now!!
       I still refuse to pay it!
      The incoming Manager (Un-named at this point) took over from Cindy Dykes and the attitude abruptly changed due to his personal dislike towards me. Through no specific personal encounters with him at that time though, I was no longer the Park's choice as Handyman and with no certain reason stated. ( I know it wasn't because of my quality of work I performed because to this day I could proud point out the tasks I completed structurally, today.)
       But strange things began happening at different occasions, resulting in direct confrontations with him throughout his time there, that seemed more than coincidental!
      It was puzzling to me as to why certain things were happening regarding me all the time, but no other Residents! Not necessarily in it's proper order, but all in the short year or so that this manager remained there! I will explain each incident;
     Being a General Contractor at the time and working other jobs of my own, I continued living in Viewmont Estates and operating business from my home.
    




No comments:

Post a Comment