Thursday, March 31, 2011

A LIAR VERSUS ..B.S'ER WHAT"S THE DIFFERENCE??

   I think there's a big difference!
   I've met them all. The 1st difference is the sincerity of it all. E.G.: Over the last 3 years or so, I've casually met up with people who come and go at a Starbucks near where I live. They are folks from different walks of life who are semi-retired or perhaps have slowed down enough in their life to smell the roses. Whatever the case, They all have stories to tell about different events in their lives and with as much as 8 or 10 of us, we'll probably never exhaust the supply of tales from the past. I, I hope like the rest, have more than my share and they patiently lend me an ear.
   They're all good listeners and seldom interupt or overtalk another while he or she is speaking. We do sometimes, but it's most often in gest. (After all, we can't let it get boring.)
   I enjoy being amongst the bunch for that reason but also because, being from different walks of life and having been experts in their field, they know what they're talking about.
   Accurate with their stories or not, there's no doubt a little B.S.'ing goes on. It's simply the human urge within us all. I'm perfectly happy with that and I'm no exception.
   It's almost always done in a way to draw a laugh and no one gets hurt as a result. To me that's B.S.'ing.
   A lie is an offensive act that could cause someone to be sincerely misled and affects another being or group of beings. It can be physically or monetarily damaging. Which really brings me to my main point.
   Have you been listening to whats going on in our country lately? Should we really ignore the lies we're being told by the media and the politicians if in the future it's going to affect the direction of this nation? I don't feel it would be wise.
   Should'nt the person we're relying on to give us the facts be held to the greatest degree of sincerity?
   Not only for part of the facts, but all of them? Isn't it at least a mistruth if they hold back some news
in order that it will tend us to believe what may be a lie instead of the true facts? Just to get us to lean in their direction? I mean look at the way the main media is portraying the Tea Party! The Tea Party!
Probably the most sincere gathering of groups of people from all walks of life. People who took the word of the politicians, Investors, Real Estate Co.'s and Lenders for granted when they were guaranteed
their investments were safe. People who opened their wallets one day expecting to pay the next month's bills to find nothing was there and there wasn't going to be anything there!
   They were flat out lied to and they're still being lied to! Now that's what I call a lie!! Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment