Monday, November 21, 2011

A TIRED OLD MAN 'S LAMENT

                                   
                                     Email me       macgeo2345@hotmail.com
                         read my blogs   http:/macgeo1234.blogspot.com                

 I'm sitting here wondering what's next to be,
 Seems like just yesterday, Mom cuddled me.
 Two sons and five brothers already gone.
 Like days of the choo choo chugging along.
 The rails we'd lay pennies on, watch as we sat,
  the wheels would flatten them, flatter than flat.
 Then we'd go home and show them around.
 I'll never forget the choo choo train sound.
                     
 The first time I married, four children were born,
 It ended in heartbreak, The children were torn
 With no choice but leaving, I left her a letter.
 But that's how it went, hindsight's always better.
 Returned 2 years later,  situation was bad.
 I took my four children, I gave what I had
 The girls are adults now, their mother has passed
 She's with my two sons, and peaceful at last.

 I married again, so I'm settled and peaceful.
 All of my Grandkids I love something awful,
  24 great grandchildren playing with glee
  and telling their siblings, come play with me.

  I wish I lived closer to enjoy one and all,
  I'd like to be Santa, and we'd have a ball.
  In case of good fortune, they're all on my list,
  to give all the good things, that Grandpa missed.

  Bad health came along, the last of my life
  I'm cured for now, I've conquered the strife
  Friends were beside me when things went amiss,
  My wife gave me hope, throughout all of this.

  Let's not forget Jesus and our father, God.
  They all made me better, I'm still above sod.
  Doctors and helpers all made me get better,
  I'd better write Santa a real good letter.

                             George McNaughton2

No comments:

Post a Comment