Thursday, December 15, 2011

MY GREAT 75th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. A DAY TO REMEMBER.

                                              email me macgeo2345@hotmail.com
                                    Read my blogs      http:/macgeo1234.blogspot.com

     I usually have my coffee in the morning after I prepare myself for the day. Then after watching the news and "Wild Africa" with my wife, I head for Starbucks to read the paper.
     After approximately 3 years I have gotten to know almost everyone in the Haggen store, and particularly Starbucks. It's a pleasant place to prepare for the day, gather with my friends for an hour and a half or so for discussion of a variety of subjects, knowing that someone in the group is bound to be an expert and often times are. The group has been growing larger and larger by the week or month, and consists of people of diverse backgrounds in many fields of experience.
     I usually go there every morning before 8 A.M. and am always cheerfully greeted by the usual people as I settle down to my tall coffee. I proceed to read the headlines of the morning paper.
     From then on, the other friends begin arriving and the paper gets set aside to be read later on by my wife at home. It's always a lively get together and to say the least, informative and therapeutic.
    It prepares everyone for the day in a mostly positive sense.
    But not on the 23rd, my 75th birthday. I woke up that morning realizing it was my birthday, and decided to stay home with my wife and just laze around. I didn't go to Starbucks as usual and did nothing all day, except to wonder how many birthdays I might have left. At 75, it doesn't take long to do that!
    The following morning, It was back to Starbucks as usual and on with the enjoyable routine of meeting with the group.
    On th 14th of Dec., yesterday, We were all invited to Kelly and Karen's beautiful home to celebrate Christmas. Everyone showed up without exception, to the tune of about 20 people. they had decorated 2 beautiful trees, the fireplace was going, the food was out and everyone was in a festive mood.
     It could not have been nicer. But all of a sudden it was! Kelly came out with a cake, announced my name and my 75th birthday, then presented it to me, and they all together sang "Happy Birthday".
      To their surprise, I announced to them it was the first birthday party of my entire life. My wife can attest to the fact that it was the surprise of my life, and it humbled me more than I had ever been humbled before. They'll never know how close I came to shedding happy tears.
    We went on to enjoy the evening, also as never before.
    My thanks to each and every one of them for being my friends. It's the second time they have proven themselves as friends to me. The prior time was throwing their support to me when I was ill in the hospital 4 months ago. They were my friends then and they're even more-so my friends now.
    Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment