Sunday, November 25, 2012

I CAN LIVE WITH MISTAKES I HAVE MADE. I CAN EVEN LIVE WITH HONEST MISTAKES BY OTHERS


      Yes, I can live with my mistakes the way I remember them. I even try not to distort them to suit my conscience, which by following the line of least resistance, it's too easy to do.
      I can face what truth belongs with them and the consequences of remembering them. But, in order to deal with mistruths and distorted memories inspired by another, I refuse to allow myself to hear them if I can, and I do.
     I can only separate from those folks by not exposing myself to them and their unpleasantries. I do regret the differences.
     But hurt me once , shame on them, hurt me twice, shame on me.
     I only desire to hear or speak what I believe to be the truth and whatever accompanies it. Be it morally or politically. I feel that's fair.
     Thankfully, I have many friends who accept me for the man I am, and my expression in my beliefs. They come from different walks of life and backgrounds, but basically they are all sincere in whatever they do believe, and we all seem to be comfortable with it.
     I can live the rest of my life being satisfied with that.
     Not for the first time, I resort to my favorite prayer.
                              THE PRAYER OF SERENITY.
             
                            GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
                 TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
                 THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
                 AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
                                                 AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment