Sunday, January 6, 2013

FACING THE TRUTH AND KNOWING THE FACTS ..... IS THAT BEING NEGATIVE??




     I've threaded my way through my lifetime doing what I thought was the best way I could along the way. I was never a bully with weaker people, but did challenge the bullies on my own and sometimes on other people's behalf. I fought when I knew I was right, though I knew it was easier to run. Even when fear told me to, I could not. I was never sorry I didn't.
     I strayed from occasions in my life that I thought to be almost impossible to live with, because sometimes, they were seemingly impossible. I know now, I should have stayed instead of walking away. But whenever I  made that mistake, I was plagued with the thought I should have stayed. I always made an attempt to re-do it or correct it. In the case of my children, I corrected it.
     I've been around long enough to realize what 'right' or 'wrong' is. After all, I'm 76 years old, and have fought my way through many illnesses. Through all of those times I always felt I was being watched by someone who knew better than me. It was the same guy that watched over my mother, God.
     The first angel in my life came early, in the form of my mother. With no father around, she was the only parental shoulder there was to cry on. She was my strength, and I watched her perform her little and big miracles throughout my dependent life including getting a family of 11 children out of the nest and on their way. All of this done with the belief  God was helping her in spirit. I'm sure he was.
     I watched her work in the garden in the summer while the rest of us played and she never complained. The garden, a milk cow and chickens were our mainstay and for her to keep up their production so we could all eat was another miracle.
     Sometimes it was Quaker oats in the morning and at lunch and dinner, sometimes it was fried Quaker oat paddies to fill out the meal along with her back breaking production of homemade bread. which I totally loved.
     All of this we took for granted. There were times when she would simply break down and cry from despair and we would cry with her, along with comforting her, because she was our rock and only hero. To see her cry frightened all of us.
     But one of the things we learned from her was how to defend our sacred right to be who we were, regardless of our financial woes, depending on a welfare cheque, time after time, after time. She was the mother hen watching us make our way through life regardless of what pathway we took. There's some basic things that still stand in the McNaughton family. We stood, and still do, stand our ground when we're required to. I still do. There was no reverse in our family's transmission. Right down to the last person.
     All of us who still believe in God recognize why we do. It was because she did. At least I do. I believe with all my heart she had an Angel looking over her shoulder from the beginning to the end of her life at the age of ninety nine in 1999.
     Her strength came from her belief in God. With the church being only 1 1/2 blocks away, regardless of the weather,(Fernie B.C.'s snowfall average was 18 ft. per year) she herded us all off to church. Sometimes she made it a mission to all of us by asking us to pray for something the family could use that was needed. When we did, we always got it!
     Mom made it through those years by laughing at her own simple, little domestic mistakes such as wearing her apron to church. and during the war years dropping what she thought was a dime in the collection box that was actually a silver looking penny.
     Yet I still remember when she blackened a neighbor's eye when she came into our yard to fight with my sister June. She didn't take her apron off for that, either!
     I also remember her telling me that when she prayed at night she asked God to let her die in her sleep, and he did.
     I'm currently writing a story of my mother's life, and as I do, I gather her moral strength. I know she's    watching over my shoulder.
     It took me a lot of years to be convinced that the only way I can be at peace with myself is to  meet all my threats and challenges head-on, and that includes believing in, and maintaining our Sacred, American way of life as I've grown to love.
     Right now, as in the past, our American way of life is being invaded. Only this time it's different.
     Every time before, it was from a foreign enemy across the seas called Naziism or Communism. With the leaders being Atheists not believing in God and actually placing themselves above God and Religion. As Hitler did, as Stalin did and nowadays, as the Atheists of today are doing.
     Only this time, it is happening from within and under our very noses. Their theme is in pushing the Communist Agenda on us by waging war in a manner that is difficult to recognize. They are the chameleons who abide by no moral rules because they have placed themselves above what they consider our "Incompetent" God. As George Carlin did, as the Atheist Saul Alinski did, as Atheist George Soros does, as Communist Van Jones does, as Atheist Bill Gates does, as Atheist Warren Buffet does and Atheist/Muslim Barack Obama does!
     Have you ever seen Barack Obama lead any gathering whatsoever in a Christian prayer? No!! And you never will. Until it was brought to the American People's attention by a Christian, he never placed his hand to his heart when the National Anthem was played. It's a moral requirement for all American Citizens to place their hand over their hearts in the playing of God Bless America.
     So when you find me being in objection to someone attempting to show someone falsely how a past or present Atheist is or was, it's not being "negative" or "paranoid" to bring out the truth of the matter. The favorite ploy of the Atheists is to accuse you of that when you catch them at their own game. "Homophobic" is another one. I'm not perfect, but I'm neither of those three as I've been recently accused.
It's just me, going about waging my own personal war against an enemy of  the God I know. You can all do yourselves a tremendous favor. Even if you're not in the habit of visiting book stores, Read the book "THE TRILATERAL COMMISSION" It'll open your eyes wider than they've ever been opened before. TO BE CONTINUED!!   Just sayin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment