Monday, December 9, 2013

HATS OFF TO THE FOLKS WHO ARE WILLING TO RUN THAT EXTRA MILE!!


     Reflecting back on the lives of my family and the extraordinary endeavors of my mother, I have to leapfrog over the fortunes and misfortunes of all of us, to come to one realization that covers for us all.
     One way or another, and through the countless examples of heroism of our mother's own personal acts on our behalf, and the sacrifice of our Father before we were born in World War 1, there was born into us a trait that would be difficult to deny; We all had each others' backs and the bottom line to defend our principles, regardless of the circumstances. Right or wrong!
     It was the toughest for our older siblings to face, because for the first 3 or 4, they had to do it based on their own instincts and the job to take their place in standing bravely for the rest of us, when needed.
     Because of the circumstances during and after the Great Depression, our family of course, was not alone. They as well, had their mountains to climb at the time. But I'm limited in knowledge of their personal problems as compared to ours'.
     As I write about my own misadventures and credits throughout my life, I can't help but remember things of courage that each and everyone else went through in our lives at home, and sometimes into their independent lives elsewhere along the way. Often times in defense of one of us, rather than themselves. Sometimes physically if needed be.
     So as I look back, I can't think of one single time about anybody who didn't, or wouldn't, go to bat for one or the other. That of course, includes in-laws and friends who stuck by us in those times of need, and us for them, for that matter.
     To all of those, I thank you for following in the footsteps of our sacred Mother for "going the extra miles" and I'm proud to boast that I'm a member of your family, no matter what!! Just sayin'.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment