Friday, September 19, 2014

I BELIEVE, AND AFTER YOU DO THIS, I JUST KNOW YOU WILL AT LEAST THINK ABOUT IT TOO!


      Throughout my life, after being raised in a Christian atmosphere, I generally based my belief in God for a lot of different reasons. The main one being raised by my mother in a family of eleven children, in an absence-of-husband setting.
      Although, being originally bitter for the way my Father ignored my Mother's family raising needs, that feeling has dissipated over the years with the reasoning finally sinking in that he had an affliction he couldn't over-come. Alcoholism, plain and simple.
      Being a non-drinker and non-smoker, my mother only had two crutches to rely on in her nearly impossible task of raising us before, during and after the Great Depression.
      Her father and our Grandfather, saw to it we had a two-story house with five bedrooms to grow up in. Along with that, she had a steadfast belief in God through her Christian upbringing.
      With all of us growing up in a manner which made each day a hand to mouth situation, she always made sure she hustled us up to the church every Sunday, come Hell or high water.
      That beautiful Lady believed until her last breath in God, and believe me, she encouraged us every day to believe in him too.
      I'm sure, that no matter how solidly people  believe in a Supreme Being, and stand by that belief, there are days, even times, they have their doubts.
      I for sure, was one of them who, during my trying times in my life, (Mostly brought on by myself,) I wondered about his existence too. But every time I did or do, I thought about my Mother, and how God helped her through it all with one little miracle after another.
     Now, maybe because I've been preceded in death by two Sons and five older brothers, I feel the need to believe out of obligation, that God is real in Spirit.
     What I saw in a photograph I purchased from a friend has helped me to be re-assured, there is a God above us after all.
     If you would be curious enough to try this photography as he did, I believe you will at least think about the possibility.
     On a clear, star studded, moonless night. set a delayed-action camera on a tripod, and locate the North Star. (you can easily find it by spotting the two outside stars of the Big Dipper and judging the distance between them, go up about 5 distances in line with them and there will be the brighter, North Star.)
     Then by centering your camera on the North Star, set your time delay for 2 to 3 hours. Natural rocks and trees in the bottom foreground will give you a better, proper perspective.
     Develop that picture and enlarge it to a frame of 16" x 20" inches and I guarantee you will at least start to believe, there's a Spiritual Creator. I challenge you all who read this to try it!!
     Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment