Tuesday, January 20, 2015

INSIDE EVERY MATURE ADULT, IS A LITTLE CHILD WANTING ATTENTION SOMETIMES.


     And Your's truly is no exception, believe me. But at the same time though, I resort to my other adult side and give myself the advice and direction I would probably give someone else.
     Often times, it saves me the embarrassment of reacting to a situation prematurely.
     Having said that, I have convictions and promises I make to myself that I stand rigidly by. Such as giving no ground to anyone who offends me and my character wrongly for the sake of winning a dispute. If they cross the line of disregard and disrespect, I see to it they never get the chance from me to repeat it again. 
     Some folks may think God is all forgiving, and I agree. However, for fear that those same offenders who misleadingly offend me, family included, I refuse to allow myself to be at their deceptive mercy ever again.
     There's an old saying that suits me just fine; "Wrong me once, shame on you! Wrong me twice, Shame on me". I go by that! Because although there's some Child left that urges me to forgive, there's plenty of Adult who knows better than to forget! So I just chose not to have those offenders in my life, period.
     There's no greater letdown to a person who thought he or she was special in others' lives, than to find they weren't, after all.
     So I leave it up to God to do the forgiving, which I'm sure he will, but as long as the hurt and embarrassment dwells within me, I have comfort in the knowledge it will someday go away.
     There will be peace down the road in knowing I truly tried and did my part in the past, regardless of how they feel through being victims of wrong information from someone else with a grudge who convinced them otherwise. The child within me will stop crying some day, I'm figuring on that!
     Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment