Monday, April 6, 2015

IF ONLY THEY'D REMEMBER, THE GOOD THINGS FROM THE PAST!.......a POEM


I sometimes sit and ponder, on memories of the past
When all my little children, were growing much too fast.

From babies just in diapers, to stand and walk upright
I always loved my babies, and tucked them in at night

I even wrote a song one time, to sing them all to sleep
That song I seldom sing again, and when I do, I weep.

Not with hurt, you understand, but how I loved them so
And sad it is in knowing that, in time they'll never know

Their memories just fade away, of all those little joys
But all those times still stick with me, especially my boys

It seems like it was in a flash that both of them were gone
With every passing day I ask, did I do something wrong?

The angels came and took them both, I really had no say
So all That I can do right now, is join them both someday.

I thank you for your comfort, Lord, by granting peace of mind
In knowing I can carry on,  your strength along with mine.

George McNaughton2

No comments:

Post a Comment