Thursday, November 24, 2016

IN THE SUMMER SHE LOVED ME AND LEFT ME.....A POEM


 In the Summer she loved me and left me,
Such a short time it just seemed to be.
Always there when I needed her Sunshine,
Always watching her shows on T.V.

When she smiled it was always contagious,
When a tear fell I stood by her side.
But there's one thing that we didn't count on,
That an illness was raging inside.

As I sit here alone in our household,
I just wonder if I am to blame,
All the World seems to close in around me,
This old house doesn't seem quite the same.

Then I say "Oh my god, how I miss her!"
Will this pain always be in my heart?
As I look at her beautiful pictures
It just pulls all my heart strings apart!

So God help me with this little notion
 I won't see her the way I want to
I'll start planning a way for my future
As I know she would want me to do!

GeorgeMcNaughton2


No comments:

Post a Comment