Sunday, October 20, 2013

THERE'S A PLACE I KNOW....... A POEM


There's a place I know where I want to go
And I'm told there's peace of mind
It's a place afar where my two sons are
It's not cold there when it snows

It;s a quiet place, where the human race
Doesn't care much who you are
There is lots of love and the stars above
Puts a glow all o'er my face

My mother's there with her light brown hair
 She's doing what she always did
Making patchwork quilts or a wedding dress
That a Bride will proudly wear

Where I hear someone  holler "All aboard"
Then old Casey blows the whistle
when the train gets full, another car he'll pull
And we're off to meet the Lord.

 If you'll listen here, while I bend your ear
There's a great beyond, I'm thinking
Where the good folks tread, not a bad word said
and a bar with heavenly beer!


GeorgeMcNaughton2





No comments:

Post a Comment